Things get clearer and simpler as you get older!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Go Figure (My First Blog)

For those of you who know me you will know that I am always trying to lose weight and at the same time keep in shape. Lately those efforts have taken me to Thunderbird Park at 59th Ave and Pinnacle Peak Road some 3 or 4 times a week to climb the three small peaks in the trail system. When I hike I always say "Good morning or Hello Or How are you today" it makes me feel good and others seem happy to respond; I believe it makes a difference.
Recently however it has started to irritate me when some of my fellow hikers don't even grunt or they even avoid eye contact. First I checked my clothing, armpits and other areas that might offend and I was okay. I actually stopped some happy responders and ask them to check me out and got about a 7 out of 10. Next I thought that maybe they all had Them I-Pod things and couldn't hear but as I did my sampling I found that most all listeners were responders. Maybe I thought it has to do with geographics, you know south trail vs. north trail, so I began alternating my hikes and 2 things became apparent; first the north trail did not have even one pile of dog "poop" (its the same spelled frontwards and backwards just like Bob, Huh!) that a hiker would have to step over while the south trail would have as many as 11 "poop piles" on a given day, okay we'll store that information for now. At the same time I was counting "poop" I was also counting responders. The "poopy" south trail was up to around 94% of happy responders while the clean north trail was struggling to get above 82% responders. Odd? Coincidence? Strange? Worrisome? Yep all of the above. Today I took the time to hike both trails, yep all 6 or 7 miles, and it is undeniable, as this study comes to an end, people who bag their dog's "poop" are: first; not as happy as non-baggers, next; the baggers (those carrying little bags of "poop") are not as trusting as "Glad to see ya" or as ready to share a glance, and finally, the baggers seem that they have something they aren't willing to share. Maybe there is a market for that stuff or maybe it's the spouse's or significant other's (this political correctness is a pain, but that's another story) dog and they're just "ticked off".
Don't get me wrong I do appreciate those who clean up after their dog, it just worries me why a clean trail is not a happy trail. So tomorrow when I go hiking I'll be armed with those Fry's bags ready to pounce, grab and turn wrong-side out, then tie in a knot, then carry to a proper receptacle (hell, I 'm already getting mad and I don't even own a dog). Maybe I'll be accepted by the "baggers" and they will speak to me. I may carry a bag when I go shopping or dancing. Just want to know why they won't say good mornin', maybe I have over thought this thing? Hell maybe I'm a politician and just coming out of the closet....Go figure......

3 comments:

  1. That was AWESOME! Your blog is gonna kick my blog's @$$! I can't believe that you would even talk about picking up strange Dogs' poop. I was wondering where I got all my talent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Can I just tell you that you made my day by starting your blog??? Now I get to know your inner thoughts. Fabulous!!! You know I love ya Bob!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poop baggers are just more likely to be anal retentive. We also tend to be other types of retentive...which is why blogging is also hard for us poop baggers. We just don't like to let our poop out in the first place, much less leave it laying around for all to see.

    You are just one of those rare poop bagging socialites.

    ReplyDelete